Warehouse Associate - Staging/Blending - Swing shift
Established in 1980, Oregon Spice Company provides superior quality herbs, spices, and custom blends to food manufacturers and food service distributors. We pride ourselves in sourcing products that our customers can use with confidence and trust.
A locally owned company, located in NE Portland close to the airport, we are committed to being outstanding in all we do. A supportive and healthy work environment is of paramount importance. Our values are reflected in how we treat our team members, with the average length of employment close to a decade. We have an opening for a Staging/Blending Technician.
What you will do:
- Support the continuous improvement of the Global Food Safety Initiative system at Oregon Spice Company.
- Responsible for understanding and following, GMP, SOP, and SSOP.
- Accurately and legibly record information on company documents.
- Read and follow instructions on blend sheet.
- Identify correct spice to include in blend, retrieve those items and prepare the area.
- Log lot numbers.
- Weigh spices according to recipe using a scale.
- Prepare packages for shipping.
- Clean equipment, work area, and warehouse
What you will bring:
- Ability to read and write in English
- Basic math skills
- Commitment to quality
- Packaging experience and/or production experience
- Ability to lift 50lbs throughout shift
- Food production with food safety experience preferred
- Strong problem solving
- Strong sense of team work
- Adaptable to change
- Demonstrated strong attendance in prior roles
What you will get:
- Medical and Vision insurance with employer contributions towards costs
- 100% employer sponsored Dental
- 100% employer sponsored Life and AD&D insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Retirement plan with employer contributions
- Paid Holidays Paid Sick and Vacation time
M-F with Saturday overtime 2:30 PM 11:00 PM
Salary to start $17.00 with $ .50 hourly differential