Customer Service Manager
Established in 1980, Oregon Spice Company provides superior quality herbs, spices, and custom blends to food manufacturers and food service distributors. A locally owned company, located in NE Portland close to the airport, we are committed to being outstanding in all we do. A supportive and healthy work environment is of paramount importance. Our values are reflected in how we treat our team members, with the average length of employment close to a decade.
We are now looking to fill our Customer Service Manager position. The role of the Customer Service Manager (CSM) is to lead their team by ensuring timely and accurate order processing and customer communication, as well as responsible for general office duties and projects.
What you will do:
Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of the Global Food Safety Initiative system at Oregon Spice Company.
Responsible for executing, as well as training customer service agents to perform, the following:
- Intake orders via fax, phone, e-mail, etc.
- Input orders into system and send order acknowledgments to the customer when required.
- Check inventory levels. Make Purchasing/Blending/Pack Line aware of shortages.
- Print work orders with proper instructions. Verify pricing.
- Observe special requirements for all accounts with symbols and/or notation.
- Double check completed orders, complete online freight quotes when needed, and print invoice.
- Batch original order, work order, and invoice for pick-up, freight, or UPS. UPS packing slips get turned in to Shipping/Receiving.
- Process all paperwork for freight. Work with Freight Coordinator for special instructions.
- Monitor availability of all products on Back Order; when product arrives, process work orders, invoice & ship when available.
- Provides additional administrative support to the upper management team.
- Shall adhere to Oregon Spice Company Food Safety and Quality Fundamentals.
- Other duties as needed.
What you will bring:
- High School or GED
- Some College preferred
- Computer Skills: MS Office Suite
- Data Entry Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Customer Service Experience
- Problem Solving skills
- Interpersonal Skills/Teamwork
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Mathematical Skills
- Occasional lifting (up to 60 pounds)
- Sitting, Standing, bending for several hours a day
- Occasional exposure to Dust, Noise, Fumes
What you will get:
- Medical and Vision insurance with employer contributions towards costs
- 100% employer sponsored Dental
- 100% employer sponsored Life and AD&D insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Retirement plan with employer contributions
- Paid Holidays Paid Sick and Vacation time
Starting Salary: $55,000 annually
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm