Maintenance Tech is primarily responsible for care and maintenance of all property and production equipment in a safe, sanitary and efficient condition that complies with food safety and OSHA regulations. Mechanic will assist in supporting product manufacturing by ensuring that all assigned production equipment operates efficiently,mechanically and electrically, by repairing, altering, installing, and re-manufacturing plant equipment.
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing maintenance requirements (both planned and unplanned) on production, packaging, processing equipment and utility systems.
- Be ready to do change overs/set ups as quickly as possible to ensure production output
- Readily available for emergency repairs in breakdown situations.
- Read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, electrical schematics, service manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Complete work orders in a timely manner maintaining high quality standards.
- Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees
- Responsible for reporting unsafe conditions to manager along with and food safety violations.
- Comply with HACCP and GMP protocols for production.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods
- Performs basic machine shop duties such as grinding, drilling, light metal fabrication, welding and machining.
- Conducts basic installation, maintenance, modification, calibration and repair on electronic and electrical instrumentation, equipment and control systems.
- Performs troubleshooting and repair of motor control centers, electro-mechanical drives and sub-electrical panels using volt-ohm-amp meters.
- Performs typical building maintenance repairs and alterations to electrical fixtures, machinery, circuits, relays, switches, and control
- Requisitions and maintains inventory of spare parts and supplies.
Skills and Competencies:
- Able to multi task and manage competing priorities to meet or exceed expectations and make decisions to ensure production
- Effectively copes with change, ability to multitask and able to give and receive feedback
- Drives continuous improvement and able to motivate others
- Committed to organizational success and takes ownership for results set up/changeovers: 2 years (Preferred)
- Food Manufacturing Maintenance Mechanic: 2 years (Preferred)
- LME (Preferred)
- 3-5 years of food manufacturing maintenance
- 3+ years of mechanical/electrical maintenance
- High school diploma or equivalent plus a certificate from a 2-year technical school and/or graduation from a certified apprenticeship program and one to three years of experience in the maintenance and repair of industrial equipment preferably in a food environment.
- Knowledge of mechanical machinery, steam, boiler, pneumatic, hydraulic, scales and electrical
- Understanding and experience of preventive maintenance CMMS program
- Experience troubleshooting, PLC’s; electrical controls
Salary $28/hour + $1 differential to start.