Food Production Associate-Pack Room -Day & Swing Shift
Established in 1980, Oregon Spice Company provides superior quality herbs, spices, and custom blends to food manufacturers and food service distributors. A locally owned company, located in NE Portland close to the airport, we are committed to being outstanding in all we do. A supportive and healthy work environment is of paramount importance. Our values are reflected in how we treat our team members, with the average length of employment close to a decade. We have an opening for a Production Associate on our Pack Line.
The Pack Line is responsible for filling containers with product, logging, labeling and placing the finished product in the appropriate area to customer specifications and company/quality requirements.
What you will do:
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of the Global Food Safety Initiative system at Oregon Spice Company.
- Responsible for understanding and following, GMP, SOP, and SSOP.
- Accurately and legibly record information on company documents.
- Identify correct spices and products
- Log lot number of product.
- Weigh spices according to recipe using a scale.
- Perform inspection on machinery.
- Package and label according to work order.
- Prepare packages for shipping.
- Clean equipment.
- Clean work area.
- Clean warehouse.
What you will bring:
- Ability to read and write in English
- Basic math skills
- Commitment to quality
- Packaging experience and/or production experience
- Food production with food safety experience preferred
- Strong problem solving
- Strong sense of team work
- Adaptable to change
- Demonstrated strong attendance in prior roles
What you will get:
- Medical and Vision insurance with employer contributions towards costs
- 100% employer sponsored Dental
- 100% employer sponsored Life and AD&D insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Retirement plan with employer contributions
- Paid Holidays Paid Sick and Vacation time
Swing Shift 2:00pm to 11pm
Salary to start $16.00