R&D Product Commercialization Coordinator
Established in 1980, Oregon Spice Company provides superior quality herbs, spices, and custom blends to food manufacturers and food service distributors. A locally owned company, located in NE Portland close to the airport, we are committed to being outstanding in all we do. A supportive and healthy work environment is of paramount importance. Our values are reflected in how we treat our team members, with the average length of employment close to a decade.
We are now looking to fill our Research & Development Product Commercialization Coordinator position. This position is responsible for coordinating the commercialization initiatives of new product launches and current product management. This individual will work with Sales, QA/QC, Purchasing, Technical Services and Operations to commercialize products.
What you will do:
- Establish product launch strategy; assisting to determine requirements, milestones, deadlines and action planning and execution.
- Work with internal departments to successfully commercialize product formulations.
- Develop and execute project trackers, managing deliverables on time and on target.
- Support with new product costing
- Coordinate production trial runs of new products including packaging trials; troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Provide demand forecasts and purchasing plans to support new product launch, monitor performance against targets.
- Develop plan to implement continuous process improvement in key production areas
- Update ERP system, implement related process improvements
- Assist the Research & Development with customer projects as needed.
- Blend benchtop sample test batches with great attention to detail
- Maintain kitchen and lab inventory, cleanliness, organization.
- Keep informed on developments in the food industry by attending conferences, participating in IFT, and general research.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Food Science, or related fields (preferred) or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 2 years in product management, project management or other related areas
- Experience working with ERP systems
- Computer Skills: MS Office Suite
- Data Entry Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines at the same time
- Customer Service Experience
- Problem Solving skills
- Interpersonal Skills/Teamwork, strong Collaborator
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Mathematical Skills
- Occasional lifting (up to 25 pounds)
- Sitting, Standing, bending for several hours a day
- Occasional exposure to Dust, Noise, Fumes
- This position may include frequent interruptions, working alone, evening work, working long hours during peak periods and exposure to computer CRTs
What you will get:
- Medical and Vision insurance with employer contributions towards costs
- 100% employer sponsored Dental
- 100% employer sponsored Life and AD&D insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Retirement plan with employer contributions
- Paid Holidays Paid Sick and Vacation time
This is a Full-Time, Exempt position. Hours will vary based on business needs.